Tuesday, January 11, 2011

AMUSICALITY

Lazily stumble across a Guardian article about a scientific, ahem, test that BBC Radio 3 are conducting online into people's musicality, and of course you can't then not do the damned test afterwards. However, now I'm floating on air after snagging 18 out of 18 for pounding the beat out on my Vaio spacebar compared to the painfully and unjustifiably smug John 'Jesus And Mary Chain' Moore's 15. I defy anyone not to beat his paltry scores. In everything. By contrast, I was pretty hopeless at arranging the half-second snippets into their various genre categories. Based on the results, the BBC then suggested I might like to spend Sunday evenings in the company of Stuart Maconie's Freak Zone radio show. No thanks.

Enthusiasm For Music 99% : Musical Perception 100% : Emotional Connection 100% : Social Creativity 70% : Musical Curiosity 94%

4 comments:

. said...

The Freak Zone is excellent though.

yabyum said...

I have to admit I faired poorly and was suggested the Radio 1 Top 40 Chart for my listening pleasure. I did well on grouping the samples, though, despite mixing 'pop' and 'hip hop'. Give me a break.

hOU said...

I did great, but my social creativity was savagely low ...



What can it mean? =)

squeak_84 said...

i reckon that test was fucking bullshit.